1. Coffered ceilings: Add instant drama and architectural interest to any room. Painting the ceiling a striking colour will elevate the drama to another level.
2. Built-in book shelves: Even if you read everything electronically, use these shelves to show off your prized possessions and collections.
3. Wainscoting: These panels will add elegance and sophistication wherever you choose to use them. Best in hallways and dining rooms.
5. Herringbone floors: Instead of straight, lines have your flooring (tile or hardwood) laid in a herringbone pattern. Will make the room appear larger.
6. Horizontal striped walls: Cheap and easy way to add visual impact to a room. Experiment with colour and line thickness to achieve your perfect look.
7. Sliding barn door: A great way to create a division between rooms without needing the clearance of a regular swing-door.
9. Subway tile: Classic and affordable. Great in kitchens and bathrooms alike. Available in a variety of colours.